Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Wappingers, NY
Town of Wappinger Justice Court
20 Middlebush Road
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Wappinger is a large town located in the southwestern section of Dutchess County, New York. Several major roadways pass through the town. These roads include US Route 9 and NY State Routes 9D, 82 and 376. If you were ticketed for speeding, or for any other moving violation, on any of these roads, call an experienced traffic attorney today.
You are not always required to appear in Wappinger Town Court to address a traffic ticket. However, you should still speak with an attorney before you decide to take any action, whether you are thinking about pleading guilty or fighting the ticket. A knowledgeable traffic attorney can represent you in court and help you contest a traffic ticket, whether it is for a serious offense like drunk driving or a minor offense like speeding. I’m Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. and I’ve been helping people fight traffic violations in Wappinger Town, NY, and throughout Dutchess County for more than 36 years. I firmly believe everyone deserves a strong legal defense, so I will work hard to build a sound strategy on your behalf.
I am a local attorney with experience in courts across New York, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. I appear on a daily basis in New York traffic courts and help NY drivers and out-of-state drivers contest their traffic charges. When I stand beside you in Wappinger Traffic Court, I will talk to the prosecutor and police officer and attempt to reach a favorable agreement that allows you to keep your driver’s license and avoid points on your license.
I defend clients against all manner of traffic offenses, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you have a pending traffic court date in Wappinger, or anywhere else in Dutchess County, NY, you need to be aware of the serious implications of a conviction. An overzealous traffic officer or prosecutor may try to get you to believe that you have no hope of fighting your traffic ticket. Do not make any final decisions until you speak with an experienced traffic attorney. If you plead guilty to a moving violation in Wappinger, NY, you face serious consequences, including:
- The Wappinger Traffic Court will notify the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) about your traffic conviction. Once the DMV places the conviction on your driving record, you could be subject to higher insurance premiums, as well as a lengthy suspension of your driver’s license. Out-of-state drivers are also subject to severe penalties, such as fines and points on their license, because the New York DMV will contact their home state and notify local authorities of the traffic conviction.
- If you plead guilty to a traffic charge in Wappinger, NY, the judge may impose heavy fines and other court costs.
- Your auto insurance company may decide to raise your insurance rates because of a traffic conviction. If your traffic offense is particularly serious, the company might cancel your insurance policy.
- Depending on the severity of the traffic offense, the Wappinger Traffic Court judge may suspend or revoke your NY driver’s license.
If were issued a traffic citation for speeding, failure to yield or any other traffic violation in Wappinger Town, New York, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has the experience needed to fight your charges in court. He has successfully defended many clients accused of moving violations in Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in NY. Call him now at 866-938-8498 to discuss your traffic infraction or schedule a consultation at his Saugerties, NY office.