Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Beacon, NY
Beacon City Court
1 Municipal Plaza
Beacon, NY 12508
Beacon is a small city located in the southwest corner of Dutchess County, NY. The major route running through Beacon is Interstate 84. New York State Route 9D also passes through Beacon. If you were stopped for speeding on one of these roads, or on any other local roadway, you should contact a qualified traffic attorney immediately.Fight Your Traffic Ticket in Beacon City Court
Anyone who has been pulled over by a patrol office in Beacon, New York needs to speak with a qualified attorney to explore their available legal options before arriving at a decision about how to proceed with their case. Clients who try to defend themselves in Beacon City traffic court or negotiate a plea deal without an attorney on their side often find themselves facing severe penalties, including points on their driver’s license, a raise in their insurance premiums, costly fines and even jail time. I am an experienced NY traffic ticket lawyer with 36 years of experience in courtrooms throughout New York, including Dutchess County, Orange County and Ulster County. I understand the traffic court system in NY and I know what it takes to get my clients’ charges reduced or dismissed. I represent clients accused of traffic violations in New York, including NY residents, drivers from other states and Canadian drivers ticketed for speeding while passing through Dutchess County.
I am a skilled traffic lawyer with more than 36 years of experience representing New York clients charged with traffic violations, including:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you were issued a ticket for a minor traffic offense like speeding or a more serious traffic violation like drunk driving, you need to contact a lawyer and do what is necessary to avoid long-term consequences. A conviction for a traffic offense in Beacon, New York could result in:
- Points on your driver’s license and a traffic conviction on your driving record. After you plead guilty or are convicted, the traffic court will notify the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Out-of-state drivers will be subject to penalties when they return to their home state because the New York DMV forwards notice of convictions.
- Stiff fines, monetary penalties and court costs, depending on how severe your traffic offense was.
- Higher insurance premiums when your insurance company gets notice of your traffic conviction in Beacon, NY. If the charge is serious, or if you already have prior convictions on your driving record, your insurance carrier could cancel your coverage entirely.
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license for serious traffic violations or if you have accrued too many points on your license.
Do not plead guilty or a pay a fine before speaking with an experienced traffic attorney. An experienced traffic attorney can go to the prosecutor in your case, or speak with the police officer who ticketed you, and attempt to get your charges downgraded or dismissed. If the case goes to trial, you need an attorney who can persuade the judge and challenge the evidence, including radar gun readings and official police reports. I’ve won countless traffic cases in New York courtrooms by contesting the evidence and fighting for my clients.Discuss Your Case with a Knowledgeable Beacon, NY Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Don’t risk losing your driving privileges because of a traffic ticket. Speak with an experienced Beacon, NY traffic attorney who understands the nuances of traffic law in Dutchess County and who can help you avoid the long-term consequences of a traffic conviction. Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. has a track record of success in courtrooms throughout New York. Call me anytime at 866-938-8498 to discuss your case or schedule a consultation at my office in Saugerties, NY.